MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

       Title: Sliced Chicken with Broccoli
  Categories: Polkadot, Lisa, Chinese, Chicken, Hot/spicy
       Yield: 2 Servings

     1/3 lb Broccoli
     1/2 lb Skinless boneless chicken
            -breast
       2 ts Cornstarch
       1 tb Soy sauce
     1/2 ts Lemon extract
       1 tb Canola oil
       1 tb Minced fresh ginger
       1    Scallion minced
       2 tb Dry sherry
     1/2 ts Pepper
     1/2 ts Sugar
       2 ts Asian sesame oil

   Trim stems frombroccoli.  Cut chicken breast crosswise on an angle
   into 1/4-inch-thick slices.  In a small bowl, toss chicken with
   cornstarch, soy sauce, and lemon extract.

   In a wok or frying pan, heat oil 10 seconds over medium heat.  Add
   broccoli and stir-fry to coat with oil.  Add 2 tb water, reduce heat
   to low, cover and cook until broccoli is just tender, about 2
   minutes.  With a slotted spoon remove to a plate.

   Return wok to high heat.  Add ginger and scallion and stir-fry until
   aromatic, about 10 seconds.  Add chicken and stir-fry until white and
   opaque throughout, about 5 minutes.  Add sherry, pepper, sugar, and
   broccoli.  Stir-fry about 30 seconds to heat through.  Remove from
   heat, drizzle with sesame oil, and serve.

   Source:  Lisa Clarke, based on a recipe from 365 Ways to Cook Chinese

   Notes from the Chef:
   “The following recipe was Sunday night’s dinner.  I served it with
   rice, chinese noodles, and Anniversary Fortune COokies that I bought
   at Rowe Manse EMporium (that’s a nifty place!)” - Lisa

   From: Lisa
   Date: 04-02-96 (18:29)
   The Polka Dot Cottage, a BBS with a taste of home.  1-201-822-3627.

 MMMMM